Al HaTorah provides many thorough methods and techniques to which to study classical Jewish texts.
- AlHaTorah.org’s wide array of lenses and modes of analysis helps the learner appreciate the breadth and depth of Biblical and Rabbinic texts and its commentaries. By employing everything from Ancient Near Eastern documents to medieval commentaries to modern art and literature, the text of Torah is brought to life.
- Empowering – AlHaTorah.org provides the resources, tools, and replicable methodology for active learning, allowing the user to act, react, and interact.
- Harnessing Modern Technology – The site provides tree structured, customizable, ever editable and expandable, hyperlinked, and audio-visually integrated commentary, AlHaTorah.org begins to capture and realize some of this incredible potential.1
- Bonding with our Heritage – The reader explores a vast spectrum of commentaries, ranging from the Second Temple period to modern times, all presented in their historical and exegetical contexts. Biblical study becomes a way of reconnecting with the plurality of cultural riches of the thousands of years of our history.
- Addressing Fundamental Issues – AlHaTorah.org confronts the challenges posed by classical questions such as the relationship between peshat and derash, and modern issues such as textual criticism and source criticism.
Providing Resources for Professional Educators – A good teacher never has nearly enough time to prepare for their classes. The wealth of distilled information, sources, and visual aids on this site will be invaluable in saving countless hours of time, in making material available which otherwise would be inaccessible, and in helping to sculpt better structured classes.