The Lookstein Center is recommended for teachers of grades 5-12 seeking curriculum about leadership, Parshat Hashavua, Jewish History, and PD as they learn, teach, and lead in the twenty-first century to ensure an engaged and educated Jewish community.
The Center’s website www.lookstein.org shares free, updated, and relevant content for Jewish educators including:
- Meaningful discussion questions on Parashat HaShavua added weekly for both older and younger children. Click here.
- Creating Memory, a free arts-based program intended to help young people encounter the Holocaust in a personal, emotional way.
- The Refusenik Project, a collection of free lesson plans and activities designed to teach about the power of action and the potential of every person to effect change through the story of the Refuseniks.
- Jewish Educational Leadership, The Lookstein Center’s professional journal, is a forum for Jewish educators to share reflections on their practice, original research, and applicability of general educational research to the specific world of Jewish education. It is published digitally and distributed for free to educators around the world.
- Hundreds of professional development and classroom resources, Bulletin Board – a digital board with job offers, opportunities, and events for Jewish educators, and more!