The goal of ‘Unpacked for Educators’ (UED) is to explore the Jewish story in all its complexity, intellectual depth and sophistication, to untangle the challenging ideas, and to make the key historical moments come alive. We are here to help your students see that Judaism is as meaningful and relevant as ever.
UED offers professional tools to help educators engage and inspire students inside and outside the classroom. We combine videos, podcasts and other media with lesson materials and experiential activities. All of our content is created by educators for educators. UED is a division of OpenDor Media.
Unpacked for Educators contains enriching video content, and each link contains:
- a short video (7-10 min) on the topic at hand
- review questions
- discussion questions
- learning activities
- reflection questions
- further learning resources (articles, videos, books, podcasts)
- Kahoot! quiz on the topic
Some sample videos and content are:
- What are the Israeli Settlements?
- The Jewish Connection to the Land
- Israeli Settlers
- Palestinians of the West Bank
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace
Yom Hazikaron / Yom Ha’atzmaut
- HaLamed Heh: The 35 Soldiers Who Never Returned Home
- 1972 Olympics: The Munich Massacre
- The Yom Kippur War: How Israel Turned the Tide
- What is Zionism?
- Resolution 181: The Zionist Dream Comes True
- Israel’s War of Independence