The Pardes Center for Jewish Educators trains and empowers experiential educators, day school teachers and adult educators to serve as knowledgeable, skilled, reflective and passionate professionals for the Jewish world.
PCJE’s new Jewish Studies In-Service Teacher Training Program (JSITT) is designed to help complement a novice day school teacher’s classroom experience with systematic and forward-thinking pedagogy training. There are many teachers in North America, those who are already teaching Jewish studies in a day school and those who would like to be, who have a passion for Jewish texts and an ability to engage with students meaningfully, but have not had the opportunity to formally study the content-specific pedagogies which are essential for maximizing student learning. As such, the Pardes Center for Jewish Educators has designed a program to enable them to do just that, while staying in their schools!
JSITT is a 14-month teacher training program designed for both Jewish studies teachers already in the classroom and those about to begin teaching, who have never had the opportunity for formal pedagogy training.
This program provides participants:
- a more systematic approach to curriculum development and lesson planning
- greater alignment between learning goals and teaching practices
- a wider variety of tools and strategies for maximizing student engagement
- Jewish studies content-specific pedagogy
- opportunities to self-reflect on their practice
Check website for full details.